Translate

November 19, 2015

Homework

So here is the home work part:


  1. Reflect on vocabulary knowledge and proficiency tests

  1. Your vocabulary knowledge
    1. Compare the results of your vocabulary knowledge from the two tests in today’s session with http://my.vocabularysize.com/ - the classic vocabulary test by Paul Nation.  

    2. Do the tests agree with each other?  

      I think tests were quite different than each other, so this kind of agreement test would be impossible. But I believe I did better in the former tests. Which can be related with:

    • I did trick myself about word knowledge
    • I did mistake word I do not know with the ones I do.
    • I do not have a cognition of the vocab size.
    • Tests were not very successful to determine word knowledge.
  1. Your general knowledge of English
    1. Take this new test of English at https://testcenter.duolingo.com/  Do the free test as seriously and conscrientiously as possible.  
    • I found this test very confusing, hearing the sentences, finding the words between non exist ones and fill in the blanks part. I found the last part extremely challenging, as it was my least favorite exercise in high school as well.
    • I get 58% Advanced in English.According to test I can fulfill most communication goals, even in unfamiliar topics. Can understand both concrete and abstract writing, and interract with native speakers pretty painlessly.
    • I found this result pretty accurate. But I did not understand the logic behind the test at all. I wish the test included a better feedback. I guess the paid version provides better explanations for the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like you can leave your comments: