Translate

December 16, 2015

Finland and Education

http://www.cnnturk.com/yasam/finlandiya-egitim-sisteminin-basari-sirlari

Recently I read a newspaper article about the secrets of success of education in Finland. I had already read some other articles about Finland's Education System and it attract my attention immediately. I think I will look into topic more.

Well I guess most of you don't know Turkish so I will summarize the article for you. In Finland there is a big diversity in classrooms, and child of ministers and labor workers can be in the same class. There are 3500 schools and only 27 of them are private(most are religious schools or international schools). You can see plates balls and coaches beside desks in the classrooms. Children walk in their socks. Classrooms are seen as homes. There is no strict education, but self pace is important. If the children has special needs- physical handicaps or learning difficulties- according to laws school need to open a class for them. The children go to nearest school around their house. The key behind education is: no student should be lost. There are no private lessons at home, so if the children has difficulties, or slow in learning teachers focus on them more. And to be a teacher you need to have a master degree as well. Pretty interesting. I wonder if it is applicable it other places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like you can leave your comments: